Monday, August 28, 2017

August Activities


My daughter, Jennifer, and her family have moved in with us for a few days while in transition from selling their house and moving into their new home.  Its so much fun having her, her husband (Bobby) and 6 children (Tess, Timothy, Taralyn, Toby, Tori and Titus) all with us.  Tess and Taralyn are sleeping at Adam & Ellen's house (youngest daughter) which is right behind ours.  This morning I was quilting on my Irish Chain quilt and had two  observers keeping close watch over my stitches.  I am so blessed. 

I completed the Bali Wedding Star quilt top last week.   I still need to square it up and then get it ready for the long arm quilter.  I debated on attempting to machine quilt this one myself, but I really do not like quilting on black background.  (That's my story and I am sticking with it!)

This past week I took a class in machine quilting from Linda Hungerford .  I feel real inspired to do some machine quilting, but think I will stick with something a little smaller than this Bali Wedding Star.

The color for August RSC is neutrals - but I chose to use my fabrics left over from another quilt in the Forever Love fabric line by Eleanor Burns.  I got this finished by August 19 and therefore had some time to sew some blocks together. 

Here are the first two blocks  for the Jack's Chain quilt.  I am really liking how this is looking and have already decided how to quilt it.  I still have a ways to go before I am to that stage, so will probably change my mind several times before then.  It will be partially hand quilted, center motif in hexagon, and partially machine quilted through the nine patches. 

Looking forward to September and finding out the color for that month.  :)

Teresa

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh what fun to have them all around you!! Enjoy
I love your Jack's chain--it is going to be a beauty hugs, Julierose

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh, how I love a Jack's Chain; yours is going to be beautiful. You are, indeed, blessed in so many ways. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work and precious little ones, enjoy every day!

Anne Ida said...

Oh the Bali Wedding stars is fabulous, and I love the looks of the Jack's Chain! Enjoy having your family around you :-)