Monday, August 7, 2017

New Beginning - 15 Degree Quilt

So this is what happens when you purchase fabric for a future quilt, and you just have to see how one of the blocks will make up.  After attending a workshop on making this block using a 15 degree ruler, and being in awe of the instructor's quilt, I knew I had to make one...but only after I finished the Bali Wedding Star quilt!

Then I made the mistake of going with a friend to pick out fabric for a birthday gift for another friend and spotted this floral print (Hobby Lobby) that I "had to have".  I am sure many of you know what I mean. It reminds me of wall paper from days gone by. Then of course, I wanted to go ahead and get coordinating fabric, after all, it might all be gone in a week or so.  
 
 Now that I had all the material, washed and ready to go....I simply had to make a block. 
The floral will be used in every block, but the blue and yellow will be rotated with a pink. And so it goes - another UFO is born!
 
Moda Blockhead Block 22: 
Thanks for stopping by...now back to the Bali Wedding Star.  After all, I am taking a class with Anita Bowen in September on the Galaxy Star - and yes, I have the fabric for that one and even have started on the "homework" for the class.
 
Teresa

3 comments:

O'Quilts said...

very lovely

Leeanne said...

Cuteness........looks like a little round picket fence.

Candace said...

Great blocks. You have some awesome projects in progress.